Sunday 16 August 2015

Resin With Nikki~ Let's Experiment!



Story behind this piece (if you are interested):

I have always wondered how people embed dandelions and other plants in resin, so I really wanted to try it out.

Last week I chanced upon a dandelion so I decided to bring it home to try! I did not have a round sphere mold so I decided to pluck off just the fluff, since I did not really like the idea of the black seeds in my flat piece.

After putting in the fluff, I realized they pretty much became transparent, so I thought a dark background would be suitable. Since this was an experimental piece and I had NEVER done a galaxy piece before, why not try it out now? Might as well kill two birds with one stone.

So I tried a variety of glitter colours and backed the piece with blue-black resin and it turned out pretty awesome! I wasn't having too high hopes with the dandelion fluff, but I'm glad the galaxy effect turned out satisfactory!

I can't wait to dome the back and add a bail so I can use it as a keychain or a bag charm! Wouldn't that be gorgeous?

I hope to make more resin videos on my channel!

Nikki :)

No comments:

Post a Comment